Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm a Bronco!

I love teaching, and I also love learning.  After graduation, I knew I was ready for a break from school.  The break has helped me realize that I don't want to be a full-time student again, but I do miss being in school.  I just found out last night that I got accepted to Santa Clara University for their Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Education with a concentration in Curriculum and Instruction, and I couldn't be more excited!

Santa Clara is a great school with a beautiful campus.  It reminds me a lot of a "little Stanford" which makes me love it even more!  Plus, the Caltrain station is right at the edge of campus, so I will still be able to bike commute on school days and not have to fight traffic.

True to form, of course I'm already stressing myself out about scheduling and making work and school and everything else I'm doing fit together.  TDN's wonderful advice for me was "yeah, you shouldn't do that stress thing."  Sounds simple, so I'm gonna give it a try.

I had 3 wonderful people write recommendations for me, Papa Rist helped me proof my personal statement, Margo gave me my first tour of Santa Clara University, and TDN has been supporting me every step of the way.  I couldn't ask for a better support system starting this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment