Monday, March 11, 2013

Crock pot broccoli cheese soup

I am loving my crock pot right now and having fun experimenting with new recipes.  Tonight was my first attempt at a soup, and it was delicious.  Granted, the texture was a little funny (I should have stirred it one more time in the middle), but I got over that quickly once I tasted it!  This was the most filling soup I think I have ever eaten, and I can't wait for the leftovers!

My one regret was that I didn't use a crock pot liner when I thought about it.  The clean-up wasn't too dreadful after letting the gooey-cheesiness soak for awhile.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
  • 3 cups fresh chopped broccoli
Directions:
Saute onion and green pepper in butter.
Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low 3-4 hours, stirring once or twice.


**You can also use frozen broccoli (10 oz bag, chopped), and then I would reduce the milk to 1 1/2 cups.

Adapted from Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment