Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Parmesan crusted chicken

This chicken turned out moist and delicious.  And having only 4 ingredients - all of which are staples in my kitchen - makes this an easy weeknight meal that I'll keep in mind when I'm back at work!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 teaspoons Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix sour cream and cheese in small bowl.
Line baking dish with parchment paper (I didn't do this the first time and the clean-up wasn't terrible but definitely was more work than I like to have).  Lay chicken breasts in dish and spread sour cream mixture evenly on top of them.
Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear (my chicken breasts were very thick, so they took about 35 minutes).  Tops will be browned, but you can turn the broiler on for a minute or two to finish them off if you want them a little more browned.

I served these with Parmesan roasted potatoes and steamed green beans for a wonderful meal.

Adapted from The Enchanted Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment