Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

I love pie.  And I don't mind making pie - except for the crusts.  And it just so happens that I was told by my mother many times growing up that homemade pie crusts aren't worth the work.  Sometimes I still try to rebel and make my own crust, but I also usually have a pre-made crust in the freezer for the occasion when I need pie and don't want to attempt - and fail - at making a crust.

This day was one such occasion.  I am well overdue in posting this, as I made this pie for pi day (3.14).  I woke up in the morning and realized I had forgotten to get pie supplies at the store to make the cherry pie I had planned, but I wouldn't be a true nerd if I didn't always make a pie on pi day.  I came across this recipe and knew it would do the trick.



This was quick, simple, and delicious with just enough crust to balance out the gooey chocolate chips and soft cookie.

Ingredients:

  • 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (if frozen, thaw completely before using)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened (12 Tbsp)
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325.
Beat eggs in large bowl on high speed until foamy.  Beat in flour, sugar, and brown sugar.  Beat in butter.  Stir in chocolate chips.  
Spoon into pie shell.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. 
Cool on wire rack.  Serve warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment