Monday, May 20, 2013

Hand-painted glasses

I've had a lot of time on my hands recently while I've been recovering from knee surgery. After a couple months of mind-numbing TV watching, I was feeling physically up to the task of digging through my arts and crafts supplies and doing something fun. 

I decided that my glass tumblers were just begging to be beautified. So I did it.

I now have four somewhat-coordinated hand-painted glasses in my cupboard and I love them!

I used acrylic paint, $1 tumblers from Target, and paint brush handles. I poured a little paint onto waxed paper so it was easy to access, then dipped the end of the handle into it and dotted it onto the glass. I let each color dry for a few minutes 
before putting dots on top. After I finished painting, I placed the glasses in a cold oven and turned it to 350 degrees. Once it was preheated, I set the time for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off and let the glasses cool in the oven.

For the really big yellow dots, I actually used a ChapStick lid!




No comments:

Post a Comment