Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Spicy Taco Bake

There are so many yummy variations on tacos.  My sophomore year of college, Mik and I lived in an apartment together and our most requested dish was my taco salad.  We may or may not have eaten it a little too often, so I've taken a break from taco salad.  This dish might become my new taco go-to, it was so easy and so delicious!
Ingredients:
  • 3 flour tortillas (8")
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 packet spicy taco seasoning
  • water
  • 3/4 cup salsa con queso
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used the Mexican blend)
Directions:
Brown ground beef on stove.  Empty excess grease.  Add taco seasoning.  Fill seasoning packet with water, add to meat.  Follow directions on packet (bring to boil, then simmer).
Turn off heat.  Add in salsa con queso (I used medium salsa con queso with spicy taco seasoning and it had some good heat, use mild if you don't want it so spicy) and combine.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a round 8-inch pan.  Lay a tortilla in the bottom of the pan, then add in 1/3 of the cheesy meat, top with 1/3 of the shredded cheese.  Repeat until all 3 layers are finished.
Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and edges begin to brown.
Slice and serve with sour cream and diced tomatoes on top.
 
Adapted from The Country Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment