Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lasagna rolls

I love love love lasagna.  And I actually really like making lasagna, surprisingly.  However, I know it's not very healthy for me once I load it up with lots of cheese, sauce, and noodles.  I decided to try something more portable to bring in my lunches at work and dinners during grad school, and also a more healthy spin on one of my faves. 

These turned out even better than I expected!  This recipe is definitely a keeper.

Ingredients:
  • 1 box whole grain lasagna noodles
  • 15 oz. ricotta cheese
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed
  • Marinara sauce
Directions:
Add lasagna noodles to a large pot of salted boiling water.  Cook until al dente, 12-15 minutes, then drain in a colander.
Thaw spinach in the microwave then squeeze out as much water as possible by placing it between paper towels.  Add ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, and spinach to a bowl and combine with a little salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease glass casserole dish with cooking spray.
Lay out noodles.  Spread filling across noodles, getting it all the way to edges.  Roll each noodle up and place in the casserole dish.
Pour a layer of marinara sauce over rolls.
Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.

Adapted from Budget Bytes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment