Monday, July 1, 2013

The cutest karaoke

A few weeks ago, I went to a going-away dinner for a wonderful family.  They were the Resident Fellow family in Murray House at Stanford, where I lived and was on staff my junior and senior year.  They were like my family out here, and I don't know how I could have gotten through some hard times without them.
 
They have three kids, two girls and a boy.  When I first moved into the house, their boy had just turned 2, and we hit it off right away.  For the next two years, he told everyone he was my boyfriend, and it could not have been cuter.  I am also lucky enough to be his teacher, so I've really been able to watch him grow in many ways. 
 
Now that he is about to turn 5, we're "just friends" so that he can have other girlfriends.  Yes, I was friend-zoned by a 4-year-old.
 
Anyway, at the going-away dinner for his family, some old staff members set up karaoke.  Little man got up there and sang "twinkle, twinkle, little star" and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  He didn't know the words to the second verse - who does? - and couldn't read them, so his sister helped.
 
I'm sure going to miss him when he heads to kindergarten in the fall!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment