Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Parmesan roasted potatoes

I made these tasty, salty, cheesy roasted potatoes to go with my Parmesan crusted chicken last week, and they were the perfect complement.  I also happen to have A LOT of potatoes in my pantry that I keep forgetting about, so this was a great way to use a few up!
The only problem I had with this recipe was that they use the broiler while I was using my oven to bake the chicken.  I had these ready to go in as soon as the chicken came out, and it worked out perfectly so that the chicken was no longer thermo-nuclear hot when I tried to eat it after cooking the potatoes.

Ingredients:

  • 2 Russet potatoes
  • butter
  • Lawry's seasoning salt
  • grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
Wash potatoes and pierce all over with a fork.  Cook in microwave until soft all the way through - around 8 minutes total (cooking both together) - flipping halfway through.
Cut the potatoes in half, then make slices down to the skin to make small squares.
Season with butter, cheese, and Lawry's, then place on baking sheet under the broiler for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.

Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment