Thursday, April 4, 2013

Broccoli Chicken Foil Packs

Last night, Jas and I made quinoa-stuffed sweet potatoes together (which were delicious, by the way), and TDN was very proud when he heard all the veggies I was eating :) 
That meal - and the fact that most of my meals in the last two weeks have been midwestern cream-of-someone-soup casseroles - inspired me to try something new for lunch today that included vegetables.  I came across a recipe for chicken foil packs.  They didn't sound like they were really going to make a meal I would enjoy that much, but I gave them a try anyway, and I'm glad I did!
These were super simple, delicious, and gave me lots of yummy leftovers for the next couple days!



Ingredients:

  • 1 box stuffing mix (chicken flavor)
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • broccoli florets
  • shredded cheese
  • Ranch dressing
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray 4 large sheets of foil with cooking spray.
Combine stuffing mix and water.  Spoon 1/4 of the mixture onto the center of each foil sheet.
Top stuffing with a chicken breast.
Top chicken with broccoli.  I didn't measure the broccoli, I just tried to pile as much on as I could (probably around 1 cup per foil pack)!
Sprinkle roughly 1/4 cup of cheese on top of each.
Drizzle with around 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing.
Bring up sides of foil and fold to seal, leaving room inside for heat circulation.
Place packets in a 9x13" pan or on a cookie sheet and bake 40-50 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken breasts).
Remove packets and let stand for 5 minutes.  Cut slits in foil to let steam out.  Open and enjoy!

My roommate MB and I actually split one foil pack for lunch today and couldn't finish all of it.  This made a really good sized meal, and a filling one!

If you have bacon in your fridge, crumbling a slice of cooked bacon on each pack before cooking would be tasty!  (I don't usually have any on hand since TDN doesn't eat it...weird, I know)

Adapted from Best Life 4 Moms

No comments:

Post a Comment