Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Apple cinnamon refrigerator oatmeal

Another of my standby refrigerator oatmeal is this apple cinnamon recipe.  It's not quite as sweet as the chocolate-covered cherry, which is exactly what I need some days.  I'll often make one of each of these at the same time, that way I have a choice the next morning of which I am most in the mood for.  They are best after only a day or two in the refrigerator though, but they are so quick to make it's not a hassle at all!

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup uncooked oats (old fashioned rolled oats recommended; do not use steel cut oats)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup yogurt (I use vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt)
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
Directions:
In a small container, combine oats and chia seeds.  Add milk, yogurt, cinnamon, honey, and applesauce, and stir well.  Cover.  Refrigerate overnight, and enjoy in the morning!

Adapted from The Yummy Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment