Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baby sister can shred!

When I asked my sister what the one thing she really really really wanted to do during her visit was, she responded, without hesitation, "learn to snowboard."  So I set out to make that happen!

We headed up to Tahoe straight from the airport, pushed my tiny car into the garage since it couldn't bust through the snow in our parking area, and even learned how to use chains for the drive home, but she learned how to snowboard!  And, I dare say, she got hooked even quicker than I did last year! 


We also got to just spend some time relaxing together in the cabin, with the beautiful view of the national forest right outside the window, thanks to my Tall Dark and Nerdy for letting us use the cabin :) .

She ended up with a private lesson (slow day) at Heavenly, where I learned to ride less than a year ago.  All the lifties loved her, and her instructor thought she was pretty hardcore and kept bouncing back up after big falls.  I just wish she had been able to have another couple days on the mountain to really start turning and shredding up the mountain, but I guess that's what next year is for!


No comments:

Post a Comment