Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baby sister sees Broadway (sort of)

In keeping with the "new experiences" theme of my sister's visit, I planned a special surprise for her time here.  Sadly, she spoiled the surprise after hearing me mention the location :S

Regardless, she was thrilled, and we enjoyed another evening in San Francisco together.

I took her to see The Lion King.  No, not the movie was have all seen hundreds of times, but the musical.

The story and much of the music were familiar.  The costumes and set, on the other hand, were absolutely breathtaking.  I can completely understand why this show has been deemed a "gamechanger" in musical theater.

Walking along Market Street in mid-December towards the Orpheum theater is an experience everyone should have.  As is seeing a Broadway-type musical, even if it is off Broadway.  I was so happy to be able to give my sister this experience, and to enjoy it with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment