Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Baked Chicken Parmesan

Italian food (and most carb-heavy food) is one of my food weaknesses.  I love a good chicken parm when I go out to eat, but it's one of those things that seems much too delicious to be something I could make at home in no time at all.  Well, I was - delightfully - wrong!

I cranked this out on Sunday afternoon when I didn't want to eat any of the leftovers I had in the fridge, and for once I had everything I needed for a recipe already in the pantry.  This dish was perfect.

I ate the chicken on its own, with pasta, and with salad, and it was delicious no matter what.  This recipe will definitely be repeating at my house.

Ingredients:

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half (mine were very thick, so I sliced them to make two large, thin pieces from each)
  • 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Olive oil
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Marinara sauce
  • Cooking spray
Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with spray.
Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl.  
Rub olive oil over chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture and cover.
Place on baking sheet.
Lightly spray the tops and bake for 20 minutes.
Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes.
Remove from oven.  Spoon marinara sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Return to oven.  Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

Adapted from Skinny Taste


No comments:

Post a Comment