Friday, February 8, 2013

Ritz Cracker Meatloaf

Meatloaf is one of those not-very-exciting, lots-of-people-dislike-me dishes that I just love.  It's comfort food that Mama makes me.  However, now that I live 2000 miles away from her, I'm on my own.  
On my last day before knee surgery, I decided it was time for some comfort food (and strategic comfort food leftovers during recovery).

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 32 Ritz crackers (one tube), crushed
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 4 oz shredded cheese (I like a mix of cheddar and something else)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat eggs in large bowl.  Add milk and crushed crackers.  Stir in onion and cheese.
Add ground beef.  Mix well (hands work best).  Shape into a loaf and place in loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Combine ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard to make sauce.  
Spoon half of the topping over the meatloaf after 30 minutes of baking.  Return loaf to oven for 10 more minutes.
Spoon the rest of the topping over meatloaf, and return to oven and bake for 5-10 more minutes.

Adapted from Food.com



No comments:

Post a Comment