Friday, February 15, 2013

Forced Affection Day 2013


I can see the merit in February 14th, but have never personally been a big fan of the holiday.  I think that when you're dating, most dates you go on with your boo have the potential to be more unique, romantic, and personal than almost any Valentine's Day date.
However, one of my children said something to me last year that has me reconsidering my opinion:  "Valentine's Day is the best day in the world, because everyone tells you they love you."  Hearing that reminds me of how many wonderful people I have in my life and how many people I love, and that's a great thing to remember.
To celebrate this day of love, I enjoyed a chick flick marathon on my own, watching Step Up, Notting Hill, Wimbledon, and Can't Hardly Wait.  After work, TDN came over, and we ate mustache cookies (to giggle about his fabulous mustache that recently went away) and heart cookies while watching Wet Hot American Summer and Michael Clayton with a glass of wine.
No flowers, no gifts, just a relaxing day on my own and a nice evening with my boo.  Maybe eventually I'll be ready for a cheesy Valentine's Day, but for now, this is just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment