Monday, February 18, 2013

Do Re Mi

This song took a few days for the children to learn and catch on to, but once they did, they absolutely loved it and wanted to sing it over and over.  Learning solfedge early - without realizing it - will be very helpful for any children that take music classes or lessons in school.  I know it's something I will never forget!

My friend Ari made cute little cards to help cue the children as to which part we were on.  They enjoyed using the cards later on their own to re-create the song.

Do Re Mi
Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow Sew
Tea, a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to Do (oh-oh-oh)



No comments:

Post a Comment