Monday, February 11, 2013

Diane chicken

I have no idea who Diane is, but this was my college roommate's standby recipe.  I was the luckiest girl in the world:  I'd walk into our shared apartment after a long day of classes and a hard crew practice to the smell of her Diane chicken on the stove just about ready to eat!

This is such an easy recipe, but the chicken is so tasty and makes great leftovers.  She always made it with Uncle Ben's long-grain wild rice and steamed mixed veggies, and I try to stick to that.  It's great with plain brown rice too with a little of the extra sauce on top.

Ingredients:

  • 3 thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 3 Tablespoons sugar
Directions:
Mix up the water, soy sauce, and sugar.
Put the chicken in a saucepan.  Pour the sauce over the top.
Cover and simmer on medium-high heat for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment